Late Summer Plum Cake & New Design Finds
So here we are in mid-September, how did that happen so quickly?! Summer has wrapped up for the season and left me with another collection of wonderful memories and exciting opportunities ahead. It seems that everyone is in back-to-school mode, kids or no kids. Our calendar is filling back up with events and dinner dates and far off talks of the holidays. Too much, too soon! Let's have one last summer hurrah before fully diving into the fall season with pumpkin lattes and spice cake.
Plums are a perfect choice for a late summer dessert. Like most one layer cakes this one is a breeze to make and is so pretty. This cake does not involve cutting layers and freezing and frosting, this cake is pure simple summer entertaining all the way. And it's made with olive oil and yogurt so you know it's going to be great! I highly suggest giving this a whirl!
Now that we've caught up on the food we can talk about other fun things. I've had a busy summer working on some interior design projects so that means lots of scheming and shopping. I've discovered some great new finds so I thought I'd share of a few of my favorites.
1. The world of catalog custom continues to surprise with all of the options available to create your own look and feel of a piece of furniture. I discovered Interior Define via an Instagram ad and I'm now completely smitten with the Ainsley Custom Sectional Sofa in Oxford Blue.
2. Love the new Gwyneth Paltrow Goop collaboration with CB2. Think classic French and Italian mid-century mixed with post-modern furniture with an affordable price tag.
3. The season for chunky knit blankets is well on the way. This handwoven 100% Highland sheep wool blanket with pompoms is perfect for cuddling into.
4. Have you seen Genevieve Gorder's new Netflix show called Stay Here? I'd be happy to stay in any one of these short-term rentals. So great!!
5. Normally I'm a fan of simple white dishes, but I'm always ok with making an exception. Domino magazine has partnered up with Lenox and created a beautiful collection of brightly colorful ombre dishes. Find them at Anthropologie and Bloomingdales.
Hope you enjoy the last days of summer! And lastly, as the Carolina coastline is currently going underwater from Hurricane Florence I must say I can only wish everyone there the best. That part of the country is very special to me and my heart breaks with this devastation.
Post a Comment